Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Tingled All Day Today

It's strange, but all day long my hands have been in a continuous state of tingle. I don't know why, can't explain it. I did send Reiki last night, and a little this morning, and my aunt came over, and I gave her a whole discourse on what Reiki is, and my experiences with it so far. She was weirded out for a while, and then agreed to let me give her a little hands-on treatment so she could experience the way Reiki feels.

She felt nothing. My hands tingled like mad, and she felt absolutely nothing, save the light pressure of my "slightly warm" (her description) hands. Ok.

Then my 8-year old daughter came home from school. She is the one attuned to Reiki II as I am. So we both gave my aunt Reiki at the same time - my daughter at her head, me at her feet. (My aunt was laying on the couch). My daughter and I talked about the tingles we felt. My aunt felt nothing. Ok.

So, some people are not so sensitive to energy. Good reminder. I have so many experiences with people feeling energy I send, and me feeling energy sent to me, that it's easy to forget that Reiki isn't real to everyone. Which isn't to say that it isn't REAL; I know it is. Just that it isn't real to them in the sense that they don't experience it the way that I do, and the way that others do. Everyone's different.

Tonight I was teaching, and there was a special all-school program. I sat with the students, while a man spoke to the students. I practiced trying to see his aura. I really think I could at times see a little shimmer around his head, sometimes taller, and sometimes closer to his head. It was mostly clear, maybe a little white, very translucent, and I thought a couple of times that I saw a glimpse of blue. He moved around a lot.

I don't know what the colors mean, and I know I need to do some reading on it. If I could see an entire aura clearly, with colors swirling all through it, I wouldn't know enough to get information from that vision. Unless there were obviously black or dark spots in it, which I would recognize as being areas that are negative or blocked. But red, gold, blue, green....I wouldn't know much about how to interpret that. I know the colors of the various chakras. But if the colors in the aura weren't lined up the same way, I wouldn't know what that means at this point. I suppose the ability to see the colors more could increase with my learning more about the meaning of the colors - that would make sense. My stepping forward, my sensitivity stepping forward at the right time. Guess I'll have to wait and see if it works that way for me. A new friend recommended a book ...What Color Is Your Aura? by Barbara Bower, Ph.D. I'll have to check it out.

And, I had a serendipitous experience today! I was suddenly thinking of a very good friend who I hadn't heard from in a long time - too long. I sent her a quick email to ask her how she is doing. My last two emails and last two phone calls went unreturned over the last 3-4 months. Less than 5 minutes from the time I sent her the email, she responded saying she had just been literally about to call me. It was very cool. One of my friends with Reiki said that the more she works with the energy, the more these kind of intuitive experiences happen to her. Maybe it's working for me now too! Well, anyway, I loved it.

And, finally, another very cool experience to share: Yesterday morning, I was hanging with my girls while they got dressed for school. And literally in mid-sentence, my 8-year old said, "Why do I feel as if someone is sending me Reiki right now?" I paused and tuned in, and my hands were tingly, my stomach was warm. Yep. "Me too," I said. I remembered that one of my Reiki friends said that she sometimes sends Reiki to my family in the mornings. So I emailed and asked her if she had, and she replied with a very excited "YES!!" Loved that.

Super high energy today, I guess (re:constant tingling). Maybe this is where I'm headed. Maybe I'm moving to a higher level of awareness, a little bit at a time. I'm ready.

Peace & Gratitude.

4 comments:

Irish said...

I love listening to children, because they have messages to give all the time. I am new to the blog and have had Reiki in mylife for over 2 years. I want to share my excitement with others, but very few understand where I am coming from. I love to read the stories and know that there are people out there that are experiencing what I am. My first Reiki experience I had received a gift to get an angel reading. I had no idea what was going to happen. Dianna told me that I was holding on to my mom who had passed and she couldn't do the things she needed to, because I wouldn't let go. Dianna told me I needed to let go. I didn't want to, but I listened. Just then the biggest cock roach I had ever seen came out from under her chair. We were both startled. The cock roached move towards the door. Dianna told me that my mom was going to take care of some things and would return to me in about 2 weeks. I would definately see a sign to know she was back. She said I would feel a warmness around me after I had gone to bed and I could touch her if I wanted. 2 weeks to the day I woke in the middle of the night. It was like someone had put a warm blanket around me. I was a little scared and layed there, but did not try to touch. I got up and went to the bathroom and there was that huge cockroach stairing at me. I had been living there for quite a while and NEVER had seen one before in my house. I knew that that was my sign and have been practicing Reiki ever since. I only have 1 friend that truely beleives. Others will listen, but only once in a while say something and then try to make a joke out of it. Some look like a deer in the headlights. Thanks for listening. Irish

Alice Langholt said...

I know that look, Irish,
the look of disbelief, or this-is-all-too-weird-maybe-you-joined-a-cult look!
That is a very unique story about the cockroach, but I am starting to learn that things I never imagined before are real and possible.
Thank you for being here; thank you for sharing your experiences, and thank you for giving me more to think about!
Love & Light,
Alice

Anonymous said...

Hi

The tingling sensations often accompany healing for me too. I think it indicated that the energy is flowing through you.

Alice Langholt said...

Hi Alex,

Thanks for commenting.

I don't have the constant tingle all the time, just every so often, so I attribute it to changes or shifts in my energetic pattern - maybe growth, increasing sensitivity, or adapting to new frequencies after an attunement or lots of energy work.
Peace,
Alice