Monday, January 14, 2008

Reiki is Strong Medicine, But is it a Cure?

My mom woke up not feeling well this morning, and I sent her Reiki, which she felt very strongly, and then she felt much better - almost completely better. I cautioned her though, from personal experience last week, that when I received a strong distance Reiki session and I was sick, that my "recovery" was temporary. It was like I had taken a wonderful medicine, but after a certain amount of time, it wore off and I felt terrible again until I had another "dose."
Anyone have an opinion as to whether Reiki is a "cure" or a "medicine"? I know it encourages healing, and relieves symptoms, but I think that I experienced it being a temporary kind of relief.

Also, I'm learning about Gyoshi Ho - Reiki with the eyes - from reading Wm. Rand's "The Reiki Touch" and watching his DVD. I think the staring is interesting, and he claims that practicing this technique will help one to develop the ability to see the energetic colors in an aura, and even see past lives. I'm intrigued, but wonder if anyone can advise me more about this. Has anyone tried it with success? My daughter is willing to let me try it on her, but before I just go into the staring bit, I think I need a little more advice from someone more experienced in this.

And, I sent Reiki last night to my DHN client. I only have a first name and location for this person. I hope the energy gets to her. I feel like the more information I have, the easier it is for the energy to flow strongly, but this could be my own misheggas.


Love & Light.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To answer your question on whether Reiki is a "cure" or a "medicine" I'll go to the source: Usui described Reiki as "the Secret Art of Inviting Happiness, the miraculous medicine of all diseases."

Like all medicines, it alleviates the symptoms in order for your body to heal itself. Sometimes this is all you need in order to become well again, other times multiple sessions are needed. Hawayo Takata received Reiki on a daily basis for months in order to recover from her illness. True healing takes time, and Reiki helps the body with that.

For me, that's why the self-healing aspect is so important. As I grow into becoming the Reiki Master that I was called to be, I must spend time using reiki on myself on a daily basis to accomplish this.

Alice Langholt said...

Thank you, Beth,
for your very insightful and wise comment. I believe that you expressed the essence of Reiki eloquently, and it rings very true with my experiences so far.

Always glad to have your presence here at my blog.
Peace.
Alice