Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Grateful Thanksgiving


Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I am extremely thankful, especially today, to share the wonderful news that my husband has received and accepted a job offer. The long period of unemployment is coming to a close as he assumes the role of Operations Analyst at Lutheran Hospital, which is in Cleveland, near where we live. So we are not moving out of state, and we can keep our roots here for the time being. Interesting to note is that there are still some out of state opportunities brewing for him and he may have other offers coming in the next few months. All will be considered, so this might be a step rather than a stop, so to speak! Still, we are very happy to be able to share such wonderful news that he can go back to work, in a position that can help him grow and further his career goals.
So, Evan landing a job is at the #1 spot on the Thanksgiving Thankful List for today. Here are the next items.

I am thankful for Evan. He has handled his time of uncertainty, waiting, stress, and anxiety with amazing strength and perseverance. He has taken on lots of cooking, cleaning, laundry, home repairs, and dad time, and cleared the way for me to apply myself to working on writing, lining up teaching opportunities, and teaching. We also enjoyed some extra time together that we wouldn't have had otherwise, even grocery shopping together became a sort of "date." He never wallowed in misery, but held me up when I needed it. I'm in awe, admiration, and appreciation of him and look at him with overwhelming love and gratitude.

I am thankful for our four children. They bring laughter, energy, love, challenges, and fun to our home on a daily basis. Each of them is an individual with a strong personality, amazing talents, and they make our family abundant in reasons for gratitude.

I am thankful for my parents and mother-in-law, who have given us emotional and financial support when we needed it, and have been constantly encouraging us to hang in there.

I am thankful for my friends on Twitter, Owning Pink, and Facebook who have never stopped giving encouragement, sending Reiki, prayers, and good thoughts our way with each interview and throughout the waiting process that seemed never-ending.

I am thankful for my Reiki students, who have given me the opportunity to share this beautiful and empowering energy with them. Teaching Reiki is my life path, and every person who allows me to show them how to experience Reiki is a blessing to my life.

I am thankful for a warm home, nourishing food, cars that are running, a good internet connection, and the ability to learn to live frugally (a skill which will continue to serve us well).

I'm also thankful for the ability to connect with angels, life force energy, and the constant reassurance that this has provided me when I needed it.

Finally, I'm thankful for those who take the time to read my thoughts here, whether you comment or not, please know I'm glad to have your caring and interest.

Blessings, Gratitude and a Happy Thanksgiving to all.

9 comments:

Krystal Lugo-Buh said...

Once more congrats to Evan for landing a job! YAY!!!!

May this lead to greater opportunities for the Langholt family!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Terrill Welch said...

I am thankful for all the things you mention - and that you are you in you doing and in your being. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to connect with you. Happy thanksgiving Alice [[[hugs]]]

Alice Langholt said...

Krystal,

Thank you so much! We are excited about his future prospects.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Terrill,

You've been such a wonderful and supportive friend and I am very thankful for all you've done for us along the way. Thank you for your comment here, and for always caring so much. Happy Thanksgiving! (((hugs)))
Alice

Frank Dickinson said...

finally

*plop*

Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

Blessings,
Frank

Kat said...

Yay! Congratulations on the job. The timing is perfect with Thanksgiving! I am happy that you don't have to pick up roots right now. Things seem to be going so well for you with your Reiki teaching in your community. I am so happy for you Alice and very grateful for you. Happy Thanksgiving!
Love, Light and Blessings,
Kat

Alice Langholt said...

Frank,

Yep, *plop* though it seems like it was a long time coming! Happy TG to you and your brood, dear friend!

Kat,

Thank you for your lovely positive words! We are very grateful for Evan landing a position and look forward to what's to come. I am so appreciative of your constant support and loving friendship since we met on Twitter! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

Love,
Alice

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Alice. Blessings to you.

Alice Langholt said...

Hey Piper!

Happy Thanksgiving! Great to see you here! Hope all is well in your world.

Love,
Alice

Sheila McCann said...

Super news! Congratulations!