Thursday, September 13, 2012

Now I Know Why

At the end of August, I had the wonderful opportunity of teaching Practical Reiki at the Lily Dale Assembly in Lily Dale, NY. It was a fantastic time. The class was the largest number I've ever taught in one group. Their ages ranged from 19 to about 80-something. My class included a mix of people new to Reiki, Reiki Practitioners, Reiki Masters, and practicing Mediums. The absolute best thing was the joy and enthusiasm with which Practical Reiki was universally met. I was told repeatedly that it was "refreshing" to have a "real person" teaching this. (That made me laugh!) I had the opportunity to meet privately with 13 of the 20 students, and get to know them better. I heard about their lives, and offered some intuitive advice and instructional support. I loved it. I left feeling like a rock star. 

I realized that Practical Reiki is more needed, and has the potential to help more people than I had ever imagined. It confirmed for me that I'm really here to bring a simple and powerful way of healing to the world. People new to Reiki discover an immediate connection to the energy that they can instantly tap into. People who know other Reiki modalities discover an easier way exists - one that spells out what took them years to figure out on their own (because they were taught differently) - and an additional frequency that strengthens their own energy work. And people who were intimidated about teaching Reiki because they learned a complicated process of symbols and ritual are now empowered to teach it "straight up" - as I do. Practical Reiki needs to be big, and it's time to share it with more people on a bigger scale. 

So now, I'm starting to think big, and have begun to plan my first two-day Practical Reiki training for Spring, 2013. This will be an event that people can travel here (Cleveland, OH) to take, and it will be a weekend. I'll get good rates for blocks of rooms at nearby hotels, and make it as easy as I can for people to get here. It's time, the guidance pushes me, and I'm listening, and feeling the little nervous flutter in my stomach that means that it's exactly what I need to do.

The Lily Dale experience taught me something really important, and today I saw it as part of the bigger lesson about life that applies to everyone. 

Man, when I ask for inspiration for my next blog post, I get it!!

This morning, as I perused Facebook (better than the morning paper!), I found this. I realized that it's the truest thing I've ever read, and it's also the overarching theme of the bigger picture I've been shown. I wish I knew who wrote it, but I have to share it regardless. Whoever you are who wrote this, I send you gratitude and admiration.
This quote. This.

I needed to read this. It gave me the courage to move forward with this bigger-than-I've-ever-done thing, and face the voice that counters with "are-you-really-worthy?" Because it's love that is moving me to action. Love for this role I've taken on to share Practical Reiki, but more so, to help people find that inner power for healing that was there all the time (right, Dorothy? Of course, says Glinda). It's love that I receive from the grateful emails that pour in from my students. And the feeling of being connected to this great big LOVE that is the light I'm connected to when I'm teaching, sharing Reiki, and attuning people.

This quote also gives me permission to make mistakes as I move forward. It's so accepting and forgiving, and it gently takes my little snarky background voice and wraps it in a cocoon of love that soothes it to sleep...for a while. 

So that's my message today, and as always, I share it with you, in hopes that it will inspire you to go for that big dream of yours that's fueled by love.

------------------------------------------
Follow-up...I found the author. Her name is Courtney A. Walsh, and there's more to the quote than I posted above. The entire quote, and her contact information is here:
Dear Human:

You've got it all wrong.

You didn't come here to master unconditional love.
This is where you came from and where you'll return.

You came here to learn personal love.
Universal love.
Messy love.
Sweaty Love.
Crazy love.
Broken love.
Whole love.
Infused with divinity.
Lived through the grace of stumbling.
Demonstrated through the beauty of... messing up.
Often.

You didn't come here to be perfect, you already are.

You came here to be gorgeously human. Flawed and fabulous.

And rising again into remembering.

But unconditional love? Stop telling that story.

Love in truth doesn't need any adjectives.
It doesn't require modifiers.
It doesn't require the condition of perfection.

It only asks you to show up.
And do your best.
That you stay present and feel fully.
That you shine and fly and laugh and cry and hurt and heal and fall and get back up and play and work and live and die as YOU.

Its enough.

It's Plenty.

-Courtney A. Walsh
https://www.facebook.com/loonybus
http://www.courtneyawalsh.com/


----------------------
I simply love this quote so passionately that I've ordered a tee-shirt with the part of the quote I posted originally on the back, and "Just love." on the front.  If anyone would like one, I'll order you one and ship it to you for $25 free shipping (inside the continental US). Be sure to indicate size (S/M/L/XL) when ordering. Here's a picture.













$25 and free shipping. Let's start a love movement!




7 comments:

Fred said...

Wonderful Alice! It will be so awesome for people to be able to work with you in-person!

nancy said...

Wow! You are a rockstar, you have done so much in a short time, I am truly inspired by you!

Julie said...

Yeah Alice! I was a "Reiki newbie" in the Lily Dale class. You were an awesome teacher & I made some friendships with some wonderful helping classmates. Practical Reiki has changed my life & I have only scratched the surface. I am so excited to see where this path is taking me. Thanks & much success!

Unknown said...

It wasn't until I met my mentor, Ruby Nari Mayo, that I was able to overcome my fears and hesitations and achieve certification as a third degree Reiki. Her instruction and hands-on application - her DESIRE for em to achieve her teachings - was one of the biggest blessings I've received. Because of her training, I am able to channel and fulfill my duties to the world.

I encourage you to keep up this enthusiasm and follow your heart! I'm very encouraged by this and wish you the most luck. I will look more into Practical Reiki!

Anonymous said...

Happy Rosh Hashanah Alice!!

Alice Langholt said...

Thank you, Fred, Nancy, and Julie! Your comments mean so much to me. It helps immensely to hear from others who encourage me to continue this work. It's one thing to feel inside that it's right, and another to hear it from those you teach or know. So thank you, so much, for the reinforcement, cheering, and reinforcing my dream.

Dorothy, I'd sure love to share Practical Reiki with you. Let me know if you have any questions!

Piper - thank you, love!
x

Ivs Reiki said...

I love, love, love that quote!!!